My friend Briar-Rose at The Herbal Healing Mama has kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award! The word liebster is German in origin and means dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, etc. It gives bloggers with under 200 followers the opportunity to share a little more detail into who they are with the blogging community. It also helps readers discover cool new blogs. I read somewhere that if you get nominated and don’t partake, your blog will die alone in some dark corner of the internet. I think the person who wrote that was the creator of this award, Liebster herself.
That being said, I am thankful to be a part of this fun and social opportunity. Before we get on to the interesting details of my life, here is the hard stuff.
1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
3. No Tag backs.
4. Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.
Here are my answers to the questions from The Herbal Healing Mama:
1. What got you started blogging? My sister actually suggested I do it! I had been thinking about it for a long time. I follow many blogs about natural family living and my passion is researching natural health issues. My son was born with complications which almost took his life and since that moment, I have been increasingly interested in natural living. Blogging is the perfect opportunity to share all my findings.
2. From where do you draw your inspiration? I am super passionate about helping people, especially children. My son has had such a rough time health-wise due to my ignorance with all the medical and nutritional choices I was making for him. If I can help one mother avoid our situation, it will be worth it for me.
3. What’s a day in your life like? Crazy! Some days I never leave my neighborhood but I am always moving. I cook three meals a day for my kids, try to fit in a work out during nap-time and blog before and after everyone wakes up. It may sound boring but I fill my moments with teaching my children and trying to make everyday as fun and memorable as possible for all of us. I am also lucky to have my husband home frequently because he is a firefighter and his schedule is different from most. We have an awesome life!
4. What’s your favorite thing to blog about? I blog about things that I hope can help others raise their children as healthy as possible.
5. Where’s your favorite place to be? Doing what? I don’t do it often, but my favorite thing to do ever is go running in the woods. I am obsessed with trees. I feel they are the epitome of gentle wisdom and love. And when I am running I feel the ultimate freedom. Double awesome.
6. Have you experienced writers block? What do you do to overcome it? I don’t think I’ve had writer’s block, but there are times when I don’t feel like writing. I’m sure everyone gets that way. I usually try to write in the morning or at night when I am left alone to get in the zone. Otherwise my writing is insincere and stressed because there are children screaming and fighting or doing something to get my attention!
7. What’s your most visited website or blog? Why? It changes, I would think. I love Mommypotamus, Wellness Mama and Empowered Sustenance. I feel they are all great researchers and are at the forefront of the health blogging community. Their posts are well researched and they are not just regurgitating what everyone else is saying. I also adore Dr. Kelly Brogan’s blog. I really benefit a great deal from following these ladies.
8. What’s your favorite summertime drink? Gingerberry Kombucha! I love it.
9. Do you have any creative hobbies that you don’t blog about? I love music. All kinds. I wish I was a singer, but I am too tone deaf and scared. Before I had kids I was in love with house music (Chicago raised 😉 ) and wanted to learn to DJ but I never really did. My only other hobby is working out! I would be great at teaching a boot camp class.
10. What is your decor style? Right now I am obsessed with organizing and that has been the focus of my work on my home. I love industrial meets rustic meets modern. Anything with wood and stone and I’m in! This is my Pinterest board which shows what I like in case you don’t know what industrial meets rustic meets modern means!
10 Questions for my nominees:
1.) Why did you begin blogging?
2.) What are your favorite blogs to follow?
3.) What are you most passionate about?
4.) What is a great memory from your past?
5.) What is your favorite movie?
6.) Who is your best friend?
7.) What is your favorite place that you’ve ever visited?
8.) If you could change one thing about this world, what would it be?
9.) What is your favorite post that you have written? Include a link!
10.) What is your favorite type of food to eat?
Thanks again to The Herbal Healing Mama for nominating me for this award!